Mode of Action
Emamectin benzoate is a non-systemic microorganism-derived insecticide Isolated from a naturally occuring soil bacterium Streptomyces avermitilis and contains two analogues, emamectin B1a and B1b. It acts by causing insect paralysis through suppressing muscle contraction and stops feeding. It acts as a chloride channel activator. It exhibits translaminar effect.
Indoxacarb is an Oxadiazine with Contact and stomach action. It acts as Voltage-dependent sodium channel blocker. It inhibits the flow of sodium ions into nerve cells, leading to impaired nerve function, inability to feed, paralysis, and eventually death although it may take days for insects to die.
Why use OCCASION STAR 200 SC?
- Occasion Star 200SC has enhanced contact and stomach toxicity activity on wide range of crops.
- Unique combined mode of action essential in preventing resistance development.
- Even distribution within the plant i.e. anti-rain wash off.
- Quick knock down action with a long lasting control.
- Excellent food safety low residue concern and shorter PHI.
- Low dosage rate, thus very economical.
- High safety for worker application due to the low toxicity of active ingredients