Mode of Action
It has contact and stomach action. Larvae are unable to molt and cease feeding.
It also acts transovarially, reducing fecundity and egg hatch.
Lufenuron, inhibits the production of chitin in insects. Without chitin, Lepidopterans larvae will never develop a hard-outer shell (exoskeleton). With its inner organs exposed to air, the insect dies from dehydration soon after hatching or molting (shedding its old, smaller shell)
Non-systemic microorganism-derived insecticide Isolated from a naturally occurring soil bacterium Streptomyces avermitilis and contains two analogues, Emamectin B1a and B1b.
It acts on the nerve cells to inhibit muscle contraction, causing a continuous flow of chlorine ions in the GABA and H-Glutamate receptor sites, thus inhibiting the larvae from feeding within hours providing rapid crop protection.
Apply product as foliar spray when insect population reaches economy threshold level. Use a good quality sprayer and ensure thorough coverage of the crops. The volume of total water required will depend on crop stage, crop cover, the total area to be treated and the type of sprayer used.
Why LEGACY EXTREME 500 WDG?
- Enhanced contact and stomach toxicity activity.
- Unique combined modes of action in preventing resistance development.
- Quick knock down action with a long lasting control equipped with insect growth regulator inhibiting pest larvae into adults.
- Has a valuable residual activity providing long lasting control effect.
- Excellent food safety low residue concern and shorter PHI.
- High safety for worker application due to the low toxicity of active ingredient and safe water dispersible granule formulation.
- Low application rate: 100g/Ha.