Ways our soil losses its fertility:
Soil fertility refers to the ability of a soil to sustain agricultural plant growth, that is, to provide plant habitat and result in sustained and consistent yields of high quality. It is important to safeguard the soil fertility to ensure profitable agribusiness ventures. Below are ways the soil losses fertility and the solutions to curb this losses.
- Leaching:plant nutrients are moved in solution form to deeper soil horizon by percolation(movement of water downwards through soil spaces)
Solution- Apply Humipower in Fertilizer and manure. Only unavoidable leaching will occur.
- Soil erosion: soil containing plant nutrients is transported away by water or wind..
Solution- use terracing, contour farming, plant cover crops, wind shielders, practice conservation agriculture.
- Crop removal: in harvested farm produce.The nutrients essential for growth (N, P, K, Ca, S, Mg, B, Cl, Mn, Fe, Zn, Cu, Mo, Ni) are unavoidably lost when plants are harvested and removed.
Solution- apply Humipower in Fertilizer and organic manure. Inclusion of Organic manure is important. Practice crop rotation.
- Volatilization: Gaseous escape of Nitrogen from the soil.
Solution- Apply Humipower. It will help hold the Nitrogen in plant available form and minimize the losses. Also Plant cover crop.
- Denitrification: Biochemical reduction of nitrates to gaseous forms of Nitrogen.
Solution- when Nitrogen is converted to plant available form(Nitrates), Humipower will help hold it and avail them to the plants.
- Loss of organic matter – Organic matter is responsible for imparting many benefits to topsoil, including increasing water-holding capacity, maintaining soil structure, ability to hold nutrients until needed by plants, and increasing permeability to rainfall. Organic matter is lost mainly through environmental factors like wind, erosion and over cultivation, poor agricultural practices.
Solution- To make sure that organic matter doesn’t decay faster than it’s replenished, return crop residues to the soil and use cover crops to generate additional plant matter.
Humipower, which is 80% organic matter will also assist in a big way in replenishing organic matter in the soil. Apply in planting fertilizer and organic fertilizer.
HUMIPOWER as a PH Buffer
What is a Buffer?
- A buffer is simply a solution which resists changes in pH when acid or alkali is added to it.
- A buffer is a mixture of molecules that acts to keep the pH of a solution close to neutral.
- A Buffers are extremely important to living organisms because all biochemical processes proceed normally only when the pH remains close to 7.
- Neutral area serving to separate hostile forces or nations.
- An area of land designated for environmental protection.
- One such buffer is Nyayo Tea zone meant to protect encroachment to forest.
Humic Acid in HUMIPOWER
- The humic acid presented buffer behavior by base and acid addition, and moreover, an excellent buffer capacity by addition of Sodium Hydroxide.
- Humic acid showed buffer action between pH 5.5 and 8.0, and a maximum buffer capacity at pH 6.0.
- Visit https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/m/pubmed/17603069/ for more information on Humic acid buffering.
Benefits of Using HUMIPOWER
- When Humipower is mixed with Fertilizer and applied in Soil, it will resist the soil becoming more acidic or alkaline due to buffering capacity.
- This buffering will mean more nutrients to your plants and assurance of a better harvest.
- The other benefits such as encouraging microbial activity and soil conditioning will ensure your soil is better overtime.
- Apply HUMIPOWER this season to derive these benefits and more in your soil.
Rate of Use of Humipower
- Use Humipower at rate of 1kg to 50kg (500g in 25kg, 250g for 12kg and below) of any Planting or top dressing fertilizer.
- If using manure, use 1kg in 1-2 tonnes of Manure.
- Divide your land into two.
- Use Humipower on half the land and on the other half, apply fertilizer the usual way.
- See the difference as crop grows.
- Check the harvest in the two halfves and see the HUMIPOWER benefit with your own eyes.