Mode of Action
It is a broad-spectrum contact fungicide and bactericide with protective action. Copper because of its strong bonding affinity to amino acids and carboxyl groups, reacts with protein and acts as an enzyme inhibitor in target organisms. Copper kills spores by combining with sulphahydral groups of certain enzymes. Spores actively accumulate copper and thus germination of spores is inhibited, even at lower concentrations.
Copper abietate has its special sterilizing mechanism: non-resistance development, high preventative and treatment effect on the diseases which have developed resistance to other fungicide/bactericide. It also initiates comprehensive effective efficacy within half an hour and have persistent efficacy up to 16 days.
The first application before infection, when the weather is favorable to development of diseases, apply the following applications on a 10 day interval period. Maximum 3 applications per season.
For crown Galls in roses, the galls are initially injured then sprayed ensuring that the galls are properly covered at a maximum of four applications at an interval of 7 days
Why CANTONA 230 EC?
- Enhanced contact and preventative actions from a new copper compound.
- An ideal preventative alternative program with other fungicides and a tool for managing resistance.
- Protective actions saving extra cost on expensive post curative fungicides after out breaking of diseases.
- Does not accumulate in the environment due to easy degradation on plant surface and soil.
- Has less pre-harvest interval thus it can be incorporated in the spray programs of horticultural exporting firms.
- No discoloration of the crop. High market quality of crop and more photosynthetic activity.
- Faster absorption thus reduced wash off.
- It is easy to handle due to its true liquid formulation.
- No sedimentation and nozzle wear and clogging.
- Instant release of copper ions for faster activity on pathogens on crops.